Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednes-Date!


It’s the middle of a busy workweek, but for the love of my self confessed geeky fiancĂ©, I took the early shift today just so we can avoid the after office rush to the movie theaters to see the Avengers. I don’t think I need to accompany him though; he looked like he was very willing to go see the movie by himself! Though I’m not a comic book/action movie lover, I have to tell you, that movie was AWESOME! I appreciated Hulk in this movie, I never cared much for him before. Ironman was his usual crazy character and that just brings in a lot of his appeal. Of course there’s Captain America… love, love, love! 


poster thumbnail from IMDb



The movie was so good and our eyes were glued to the screen that we didn’t even notice that it’s already past the two hour mark. As soon we walked out the door (and still raving and gushing) we headed over to TOSH in Robinson’s Pioneer for some quick and affordable dinner. I love how this restaurant is never too crowded and that the food is consistently good. We were not really hungry so we just ordered some Pesto pasta with Grilled Chicken, and Ceasar Salad with additional grilled chicken (what’s with the obsession with the chicken??). 


Spaghetti Pesto with Grilled Chicken


Ceasar Salad with Grilled Chicken


I don’t usually order Pesto based sauces, as I find it either too dry or too oily in some restaurants, but ever since I tried the TOSH’ version, I’ve been hooked. It’s tasty, just enough for you to appreciate the mix of basil, oil and garlic. It’s not bland at all, and of course those grilled chicken slices add balance to the dish. If you are not a fan of pesto like me, give the ones from TOSH a try. They serve it with their TRIOs as well, it’s a good meal with their cheese pizza. 

You can view their menu here




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...