Friday, May 11, 2012

CieLJ Tradition: MYOH 2012

Dropping by the MYOH Event in Rockwell became an annual tradition since the two of us got together. I used to not like Havaianas, and prefer the Dupe' because of the softness of the latter, and of course, in addition to it being just half the price. 


My first Havaianas pair was from MYOH 2009. I was with my friends and they were all going and I felt that I had to go too so I went in line with them. I got a basic grey with metallic silver straps -- such a boring combo I know, but at the time, all I was thinking was it's expensive, therefore I need to make sure I get a color that I can actually use as often as I can. And I did, and still am. It's such a durable and comfortable pair, I never looked back.


So for 2010 I invited LJ to brave the long lines of another MYOH. He was also not a fan of expensive flip-flops when we started dating, but has converted since I gifted him a pair. Those rubber slippers has been with him for 3 years now and it seems it can still stand 3 more (with the way he's using them, believe me that's a milestone!). We had fun in the MYOH 2010 getting matching pairs and got the letter pins to spell out our name on the straps.







MYOH 2011 came and we went to get a pair of the colorful Estampas. 


With history building up, we decided we definitely need to go to the 2012 event, even if it's just to get the Estampas for this year. We were supposed to go Saturday, but when we checked late during the first day, they were still open and there were no lines. So we grabbed the opportunity and had a peek. To be honest I wasn't too thrilled. I didn't think there were a lot of options compared to last year, and the pins were not as "cute" as I hoped them to be. It took me thirty minutes just to decide while LJ just spent 2 minutes rotating the wheel to settle with the Tangerine straps.


Good thing the assembler assigned to us (Russel), was very patient and even though I'm still deciding he still entertained us and grabbed some choices for me. 



and the final product...    






It actually turned out nice, despite the hesitation and stress. hehe!


We'll definitely be back next year  ",)    






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...