Wednesday, June 13, 2012

You've Got Mail!


Except probably for paper bills, and some items I order on-line, I don't really get postal mails. A couple of years back, LJ sent me a “pigeon hole” warming card for the condo and that was it. 

When one of my besties said she'll send something to me, I didn't think much of it. I figured she'll probably ask someone to meet up with me here, or it won't happen at all. 

Well surprise! Surprise! It actually went through the postal service. Awww!!


It was a care package for our wedding. I know she really wanted to help me out, since she knows that I can be extremely praning one minute, and totally wala ng pakialam later. In short, walang matatapos!

She covered all the bases with this, as in!


First item I was able to pull out was the wedding magazine. I am a sucker for magazines right now, I feel like I want to browse ALL of them when I'm in a bookstore.


I told her I badly need a checklist...
so she ear marked the magazine =D

The one she sent was really nice. A lot of great articles to help me in this troubling time, LOL!

timeline, check!
budget, check!
location, check!
6 months to go,
hanggang dun pa lang kami, oh my!

Found two gown pics that I like, I can't have them made for me though, they are really nice, but realistically speaking, with my built, di sya bagay. Hehe!


Next item I pulled out was the book -- The 5 Love Languages, The Secret to the Love thats lasts by Gary Chapman... this should help us prepare for the “married life.” I know I need to read it Rozie, pero 201 pages... errr... LJ likes reading, mag-"sharing” na lang kami kung ano na nabasa nya. Hehe! I'm so smart!


So, next item... keep in mind, that I initially opened this package in the dining room of my parent's house. Mom was not actually in front of me, but she was close enough as she was also curious kung ano ang laman. I pulled out a 'gift' covered with bright green wrapping paper with a note...

“You may want to be alone when you open this.”

ummm... too late!

I casually (semi-nervously) removed the paper, peeked, and immediately put it back inside! LOL!

It was a bachelorette gift. Kaloka!

there's more under the green wrapping paper =p

Finally, the card. You see, we belong to a generation that like those sweet smelling stationaries, cute paper pads as well as writing notes and friends for life letters. Of course when you get past high school, those cutie notes stop. Her handwriting brought back those memories and it was really sweet. What makes it even better is that, this time, it wasn't about boy crushes or pikunan lines, it was filled with heartfelt well wishes. Hay, ang tanda nyo na! haha! 

the card she sent, even matches my bed! ",)

Thanks Zen, even though we are miles apart, you still managed to "be there for me". Really wish you can make it. We'll see you soon ",)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...