Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Have a Happy Hapa Dog Day!


I love being from the South, just the right balance of probinsya and city-ness. The trendiest things in Manila are accessible via the malls in Alabang or the outlet stores in Sta Rosa, sans the big crowd. We had lunch recently at Alabang Town Center and I was so happy to see some popular restaurants have already started to set up shop in the new wing.  



For this trip, we tried Hapa Dog. I’ve read about this in clickthecity but gave up on the idea that I will be able to eat there since it’s in some location that I know I can never visit at a whim. 




Hapadogs are Japanese style hotdogs. They described it as “merging the western American hotdog with traditional Japanese ingredients. A combination of their Japanese toppings infused over the finest quality wiener, nestled inside the freshly baked bun.” Yum-o!

As for the restaurant in ATC, they have a very small space, as in tiny. Just enough for two tables. It was a good thing there was one table free when we dropped by, otherwise, we would have to eat at the counter. 

They do offer Hapa combo meals that come with mini versions of their best sellers, plus sides and drink. They also have some rice and noodle options. I tried the Temp-tation dog Half-a-Hapa combo which came with Korokke Balls and a softdrink in can, LJ tried the Korokke Dog with some FuraIdopoteto. He can’t have the drink that came with his meal so we traded and I got the Lychee Iced tea which was just fab! 






Going back to those dogs, they were interesting, definitely different. Imagine eating a hotdog encrusted with your choice of Japanese food, so when you bite into it, you’d almost want some rice, and then you taste the hotdog that on its own is already full of flavor. 



I was glad I only ordered a mini-bun; it was just the right size to satisfy the curiosity without wasting the food. The mix was a bit overwhelming, I think if I ordered the full size, I will scrape of the toppings and will just eat the hotdog inside. 



I liked what we ate, and glad we were able to taste it. It is a bit pricey if you think about it; at around Php200 per person, you are just getting a hotdog, and it may not be enough to fill you up for lunch. It being unconventional makes it worth trying though,  so if you are in the area, do drop by and have a taste of something different
Hapadog
Alabang Town Center   
519-2652
11am to 9pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...