Saturday, December 15, 2012

The week after...

Exactly one week ago, we were in Astoria Plaza getting ready for the wedding. The plan was... or at least our abays plan for us was to make sure both of us were already in bed by 6pm Friday so we can wake up by 2am Saturday, in time for our our early morning ceremony. 

Well... that didn't happen. LOL! 

Friday, December 7

1pm - I was in High Street, looking for shoes! yup! less than 24 hours away and I don't have my shoes yet! 

2pm - LJ checked in for both our rooms in Astoria. I arrived about half an hour later. 

230pm - got some Mini Stop Chicken for late lunch (aren't Ministop chicken the best?!) 

3pm - Drove to Mary the Queen to check our contract. Good thing we did, since we missed a lot of primary sponsors names. 

4pm - dropped LJ in Greenhills, he still needs to buy shoes too! LOL!

430pm - I'm back at Astoria, just in time to see my parents pull over. Gina and Myra also just got there. Let the DIY cramming begin! 

6pm - My supposed beauty rest start time. LJ and I were cramming to get the Now and Then photos together. Astoria's wi-fi was failing us and we had to be creative. 

7pm - Ishy has joined us in the room. Souvenir bottles were prepped for some candy line-up. One of my bridesmaids, Stitch, dropped by to say hi. 

8pm - Nowhere near getting ready for bed. DIYs were in full swing. Ribbons! Ribbons! Tie those ribbons! 

9pm - off to Megamall to get my nails done. 

11pm - went to the condo to get my prep dress (which I will not wear in the morning, just because. LOL! 

12mn - we were still up... Mom's getting a mani/pedi, my kuya watching some videos, the bridesmaids (including a groomsman!) still in DIY mode, and Alou with Jake dropped by to lend me their arrhae. 

1am - Lights out for me at least. LJ decided to have a slumber party with his groomsmen and didn't sleep. Based from their stories, they even had the luxury of time to have some buffet breakfast. *inggit!* 

2am - Gina woke me up... we both fell asleep again!

4am - I got up... yup, just me. I took out the native fans and started to tie ribbons on them. I decided to enjoy the moment. Stitch arrived with KC and she helped me tie the ribbons. We joked that this was the 'calm before the storm' moment. 

430am - the DB Phos photo and video team arrived led by Chep, shortly followed by Tippy as my HMUA. 

5am - Tito Boy joined us and he immediately got to work setting up the gown. 

6am - well... we were preparing for a wedding. It was an organized chaos. I didn't feel panic, nor does it feel weird. Hair and Make-up was in full swing, people were in and out of the suite. 

7am - Finally got the chance to wear tito Boy's creation. There's so many words that you can describe it, awesome, amazing, and stunning were the top three words used. Friends and family however, described it with just one word --  "Cielo." It is exactly the gown that you will imagine me to want and to wear. Tito Boy did a great job, but more on this later.

8am - The pictorials were in full swing. This was the most awkward of all that happened that day. All those cheesy shots -- touch the gown, earrings shot, touch the curtain, look up from the flower shots -- well I had to do those. 

815am - mad dash to the church.  

840am - made it to the church. The bridal car was parked near the church office and I have a full view of the church doors. I had fun watching the guests gather up. 

9am - tito Boy was by my side, fixing up my gown, and making it all picture perfect. I heard the Manila String Machine start playing A Thousand Years and I was so ready to walk. 

I wouldn't say that the walk was a blur, I remember the faces, I even said 'hi' to a good number of them. I am aware of what's happening and what I need to do. It was just that I was too happy to care if anything goes wrong at that moment. Good thing everything went well though, and I finally reached LJ. We've been holding hands every moment we can since then. :) 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...