Saturday, May 26, 2012

Komixathon 2012

Last weekend, LJ and his good friend Ryan joined Flipreads/Komikon 24-Hour Komixathon, simple lang naman requirement, tapusin ang komiks within one day -- starting from Saturday 12noon, ay hala!. We basically spent our last morning in Boracay with LJ glued to his laptop lettering for their entry. Being the supportive fiancee' that I am, you can hear me adding more pressure with my,umm, very helpful countdown... 

"2 hours to go... 1 hour to gooo... 15minutes to go... last 4 minutes, save! save! save!!!" 

my cheerleading efforts


After much stress, they were able to complete and submit it just in time, hooray! 

To be able to see and read their entry click here 
(it's  a really cool read, and I'm saying that though I'm not even into comics)  


A couple of days after, the voting poll for the People's Choice Award was opened, and we campaigned like crazy. 

if you believe in something, then todo, todo campaign!!! ",)

It paid off! Thanks to our dear friends LJ and Ryan's entry led with more than half of the votes. 

They were given their award this afternoon, and I still feel bad that I didn't get to see LJ receive the award on stage. I'm sure it's  a pretty funny sight, as he was in his usual shorts and flip-flops (parang napadaan lang!). I think they were even doubting kung sya na ba talaga yung winner when he approached the stage. 

woohoooo!!


Yey LJ and Ryan! All your handwork paid off. Good luck in finishing the three books and continue to have fun while you are doing this project. 

I'll always be your #1 fan LJ! I'm so proud that you are able to do things that makes you happy. That book signing dream is just around the corner! =D

To know more about their tandem, and to check out the other awesome stuff that they have, you can follow their blog and also like them in Facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...