Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Wedding Duties: CieLJ's time to Suit Up!

Our well loved designer – Boy Kastner Santos, recently transferred his shop from Springville to a new site along Daang Hari. Our measurement date was moved from June to July (buti na lang!) because of his hectic schedule, and he was also in the process of transitioning to his new brand. Despite the heavy rain we drove to Cavite, and even got a tad lost, as we went past the building. 

Bagong bago ang office, naka-plastic pa ang mga gamit! But it’s definitely better, with more space than the old shop. It looked less crowded but still have that ‘small shop,’ ‘don’t be intimidated’ feel.   






We revisited the contract, and he had me cancel the old one with Sheaths Couture, and made me sign a different one under his new brand ‘Kastner, Boy Kastner Santos Couture.’ I asked where the Kastner came from, was it really part of his name, since his real first name is ‘Florito’, and he clarified that it’s his middle name, yun na lang daw gamitin, kase pag Boy Santos lang, napaka-common. Oo nga naman!  





I also clarified the color of the gown, I agree that I wouldn’t want an all white gown, I just want to make sure that it’s not a shade that looked dirty, like the ones I sometimes see in bridal fairs. Cha, his niece, showed me a sample, and I think I’m ok with it. I still wish it was lighter, but hopefully, everything turns out for the best.



Here are some not so white wedding dresses, from Vera Wang's past collections, to my advisers point, not having it in white does add depth to the design. Plus, sa putla ko now, a little color won't hurt  






LJ, to my surprise, ditched the gray suit idea and agreed with the brown swatch… with black inner shirt to boot!


… ummm… ok… well it’s his wedding too, so if he’s comfortable with it, why not. Alou? Help?




He took both our measurements, and said “tuloy-tuloy na to ha,” then scheduled me to come back this week for the shell fitting. 

My ever reliable Maid of Honor, Gina, will be going back with me. To make sure I’ll be reasonable, composed, will not make weird demands, and in her words “i-gapos” ako as necessary. 


Good luck to us. Hopefully I’ll be calm, and well-behaved. 



Here's the address of the new shop, coming from ATC, just drive straight along Daang Hari, a little past the Crown Asia properties. The building is to your left, so you'll need to make a U-turn.


Unit 13, 2nd Floor Cuevasville Commercial Bldg 
Cuevasville Subd, along Daang Hari Road
Molino 4, Bacoor, Cavite

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...