Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wedding Duties: from Bug to Jag


I've never really thought much of bridal cars. All I know is that they're supposed to be white. I remember when I was younger, my family had a fondness for white cars, so whenever someone would be getting married, there's a good chance they'll be borrowing our Toyota Crown for the bridal car.

I once saw a red bridal car when I was a kid and I kept asking my mom, "ay baket hindi puti? pwede ba yun?" It was such out of the norm for me. Bridal cars should be white, regardless if luma or bago, basta white, yun lang requirement. 



http://yeahitsjm.tumblr.com/

Then we got engaged, things changed. I had this nagging feeling that I didn't want to be just driven in a white car, I wanted to be driven in style! No, I didn't want a Benz, not a BMW, not even a Chrysler. I was drawn to the Studebakers and the Austins. LJ and I checked the rates, and all of sudden the excitement went down to zero. "nye! ang mahal!" The car quickly dropped from the priority list and we never spoke about it muna. It just seemed impractical, and it might be best to focus spending on other things that matter. We were ready to settle for a Mercedes Benz Bug Eye, it was classy and they had a promo. Oh, well...

Pero wait! di ba kami ang nag-mamatter?? haha! It's something that we really wanted, for a day that will only happen once. I mean, kelan pa ulet magkakaroon ng excuse to rent a vintage car? So after scrimping and recomputing the budget, we were able to squeeze out enough money for us to get a vintage car. Don Robert's Bridal Cars was scheduled to participate in a bridal fair, so we headed to Megamall to book the dream car.

We were lucky, the person manning the booth was Robert Bautista himself! He showed us pictures of the cars from his laptop.

1932 Studebaker
1936 Austin Lichield 
1937 Chevy

Sad news though was as soon as he found out the date of our wedding, he checked his calendar and advised us that ALL the vintage cars were booked. *huwaaat?!*

PERO! he checked again... 

There was a couple who had just moved their date and they have a car available... yey!

Sad news ulet, the car was over our budget. We only planned for a certain amount, and I really wanted to stick to it since this is just a frivolous item for us and we are already stretching just for this. So we told him, we'll talk about it.

Well we talked, while we were heading over to the ATM, haha! LJ convinced me that it was such a small difference. Plus, we are booking via the bridal fair so we were able to avail of the discount which we didn't factor in while we were setting our budget. So in the end, it was a very minor difference from the original amount that we prepared for. 



This is a typical CieLJ Supplier story don't you think? just when we thought we can't have something, somehow it just finds its way to us. Positive vibes!  ",)





Telephone No: (632) 724-1398, (6346) 471-4076
Mobile No: (63917) 501-0322, (63922) 368-7552

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...