Sunday, October 28, 2012

Wedding Duties: Engagement Shoot Location

Can you just imagine where we would be in this stage of the wedding planning without the internet??! All of us have to agree that this is such a great tool! For this particular assignment, I don't think I would have the strength to go through every nook and cranny of Manila just to check out locations that would be suitable for our photo shoot. 

While I was ready to pull out my hair trying to figure out a location for our engagement shoot when LJ found this article in Spot.ph. If you are also searching, we highly recommend that you browse through the different locations that they've suggested. 

SPOT.ph

As for us, we narrowed it down to museums, quirky locations, and airports. Yah, I know, it doesn't look 'narrowed' down, haha! 

Since we had no clear cut idea at the time, we based our choices on what's interesting for us, and then as always, decided to let nature take its course. I sent out a bunch of emails, and made a couple of phone calls inquiring about the venues. 

Some didn't reply, some were not as helpful, and some had a lot of requirements. We simply just didn't have the time to chase them, so ekis na sila. This, I guess depends with the couple; if you've really zeroed in on a location, then by all means, pay the fee and go through the paperwork. For us though, we would rather that it not be complicated. 

We received a reply from the following. They had good offers but we opted ftp go with... Well, you'll find out at the end of this list. For now, do check some of the places we considered! :)

Mind Museum
mil.velvez@mindmuseum.org

Space Encounters
info@spaceencounters.net

LJ had a lot of ideas for the engagement shoot, and I do mean a lot! To the point that he asked me to get permission to have a photo shoot at my office! Haller! So I wasn't really worried about the 'venue' or the 'look' itself since LJ can adjust his 'vision' to the venue. It all boiled down to the price and the accessibility. I was browsing for interesting museums and interior design shops. He, on the other hand, had his eyes on the Philippine Air Force Museum. I told him not to keep his hopes up since I know there were limited slots and they might already be fully booked till kingdom come. He argued, that with our luck, he's almost confident that we can just walk in and there would be that one slot just waiting for us... 

and that is exactly what happened! *big grin* 











 



Now, we just need to figure out what clothes we'll be wearing, wish us luck! 

Here's the contact information we used, just in case you'll need it -- (02)854-6701

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...