Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Accidental Haul

It started as a normal weekend -- I decided to go to a dermatologist for a check-up to prepare myself for the big day. I knew there would be recommendations for Sun protection, probably facials and moisturizers. Well, let's just say it became more of a sales talk for 'stem cell' treatment, rather than a consultation. At the end of the discussion, with 8k worth of skin care and body products on the table, I told her I would come back. 

LJ was supportive and gave me permission to spend for the 'stuff,' but I wasnt sure if I needed all of those. I mean, 9 products to be used religiously?? Whoa! Now that's a commitment! I decided I wouldn't purchase the loot anymore. Knowing how my skin reacts to such things, I'm almost positive that there wouldn't be much of a difference. I might even end up with a breakout!! 

The doc, however, did point out my skin's weakness (I'm not getting any younger yah know!) so for the whole evening and morning after that, I was just researching about moisturizers, sunblocks and any other anti-aging potion in the universe. We had time in the evening so we dropped by Megamall and well, they had a sale. No, this is not the usual SM sale na walang kwenta, I do mean they have a SALE! eeeeek! 

I was just supposed to get a good moisturizer and an eye cream, BUT, I ended up with this... hala! anyare?! hehe!



I didn't get buyer's remorse though, so I guess that's a good thing. The whole time I was with that shopping basket, I was still conscious about the items I was getting, I made sure that the products I hauled off would actually be useful and be a good deal. 

I'm testing the products now *cross-fingers*, so far, so good. So, YEY!

The Maybelline Stash... 
Except for the new BB Stick, these are my HG, so I'm happy with the discount that I was able get.  *big grin*



I've been seeing the Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Stick for a while now, but I think it's a fairly new product. It comes in two 'shades' -- Fresh and Radiance. I honestly didn't see much of a difference between the two shades, I just settled with Fresh, because... well, just because. haha! Both shades weren't an exact match for my skin, but it's workable. This product has SPF, so that's a big plus. I wore this as a base when I want light make-up for oil control. It looks very natural and doesn't feel heavy on the face. 



Ahhh... the reason I was in the mall! Olay products. 

I was confused with all the Olay lines, so I asked the SA what would suit me. At the state my skin is in right now, which based from what the derma was recommending, needs an overhaul, LOL. The SA recommended that I start with the Regenerist and then eventually move to Total Effects. 

The Olay Regenerist Superstructure Cream will be my morning moisturizer since it contains SPF 30, my much needed sun protection! I promised to apply this religiously! 



For the evening, I will be using the Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Cream


Finally, the much needed product of every yuppie out there, an eye cream! This is the Olay Regenerist Eye Lifting Serum


I just started to use them, so it's not yet fair to write a review. So far though, there are no breakouts, and the skin does look brighter. Probably because it's getting moisturized at the very least. 

If Maybelline is my HG drugstore base make-up, IN2IT seems to be turning into my HG for color palettes. Their products have good color pay-off and are waterproof! 

For this haul, I'll be trying their blush that bloggers have raved about and will be testing the IN2IT Waterproof Blush Set, with the shade 'Affinity' -- It's a peachy pink blush, perfect for daily use. 



The next IN2IT product was the IN2IT waterproof gel liner which turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I was hesitant to get it, just because the second color is 'Khaki' and I though it would be useless. I tried it at home, for my lower waterline, and it actually made the eye appear brighter. It's more natural looking and not as drastic as the traditional white liner technique. The liner also dries after about a minute, and won't budge until you use a make-up remover.  



Lastly, the Marionnaud eyeshadow brush. I still need to test this. I'll update this blog once I've tried to use it. I picked this because I was very satisfied with the Marionnaud foundation brush and the blush brush, so I have high hopes for this as well. 




It was quite a haul, but I'm happy to report that I'm using them, and no product has gone to waste (well, except for the  big jar of Pantene Treatment that I got for free, so I'll just give it away). 

For the next weeks though I won't be wearing much make-up for my skin to rest and adjust to the moisturizers, so the BB cream came with perfect timing. Hopefully, the routine will work. Wish me luck!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...