Monday, October 29, 2012

CieLJ Cravings: Kusina ng Gerrys

Wedding preparation also means paperwork, lots of it! For us, that meant a lot of trips back to Olongapo, LJ's hometown. To make the trip a bit worth it, we dropped by the Harbor Point mall to try something new. I was attracted to Kusina ni Gerry's because of the combo meals. So, instead of ordering my fave viands separately, I can just order them as part of the combo, yey!



Their meals were called 'Perfect Combinations.' You get to choose your preferred viand and combining it with a cup of plain rice and a side dish (vegetables or noodles). They also have Fancy Rice -- Tinapa Rice and Crab Rice -- which you can upgrade to by paying an additional 18pesos.


I excitedly ordered the Pusit which cost 145pesos, and upgraded to Crab Rice just to satisfy my curiosity. LJ, on the other hand, got the Liempo for 135pesos. He wanted to get garlic rice with it but that option was not available so we just ordered another cup. Our total bill then was 391pesos. Hmm... It's certainly not the cheapest but for what we're getting, it still seemed like an OK deal. 


The dining experience was definitely not the same as how it is in the regular Gerry's restaurants. You need to line up at the cashier and while I don't mind queueing up, the service was painfully slow. There were very few customers when we went there but it took them quite a while to get to us.



The wait was unfortunately not worth it as the food was forgettable. I was utter disappointed; this was not the Gerry's food that I'm quite fond of. 

The squid is something I will never ever order again; after my first bite, I quickly realized that I was not going to get the same feeling when I ate grilled pusit at Gerry's for the first time. The Crab Rice was a definite miss; it's a good thing LJ ordered extra garlic rice so he gave that to me, otherwise I would've just cried. The rice seems over toasted/fried, it's like it wasn't mixed very well in the pan, para kang kumakain ng bigas. Actually no, para kang kumakain ng suman na tinosta na nasunog. The experience was so terrible for me that I thought about complaining or just walking away from the place.

I'll be hard pressed to go back here considering there are so many choices at Harbor Point. As an ardent Gerry's fan, I do hope they improve the quality of the food and bring us the same awesome taste that have made us keep coming back to Gerry's Grill. The concept is really nice, sayang.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...