Monday, January 21, 2013

CieLJ Wifely Duties: the Kitchen Novice

It's been a month of married blues, err, I meant bliss! LOL! 

LJ's not really expecting a domesticated wife, he claimed. I want to do it though, at least practice. So as much as I can, dinner is home-cooked. naks! 

http://www.cookingmama.com/


I have the will, but I to face reality, that I have zero, as in walang wala, knowledge in the kitchen. To give you a better idea, I can't tell if the chicken nuggets are cooked, so I pop it in the microwave -- just to be sure. I also burned boiled egg. Yup, may water yun... naubos yung water, sunog ang egg. Oh, and yah, I 'burned' water na rin, well syempre nag evaporate na yung water so the poor pot took the toll. I was boiling water then for pasta, but got caught up sa phone chikahan, so there. LOL! 

Since I'm such a novice, I usually search for recipes that requires just the basic, everyday ingredients. We are talking boneless meat, onion, garlic, salt, pepper. If I see herbs, wine, or even ginger I cancel it out. If possible, I will  also prefer those with pictures! visual lang ang peg. So I will at least know what the end result 'should' look like. 

I grabbed this recipe on-line for Chicken Caldereta from the Del Monte Kitchenomics site, and it seemed easy  to follow so I tried it.  


I managed to cook the dish, without much panic. It became a bit too spicy though, but it was my fault because I altered the measurements. The recipe only required 6 cloves of garlic, well, I think I tossed in close to 20. I also used 2 big 'sili' rather than the small labuyo. 



The Kitchenomics website is becoming my favorite link. You can search for recipes depending on what you crave or if you are like me, what you currently have in the kitchen. Hopefully, my cooking skill improves so I can try the more complex recipes. *big grin*  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...